Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's a typical situation in these typical times....

So, last night, laying in bed, stuffed full of "Strawberry Daiquiri" Cheesecake (and pizza) reading "The Nine Rooms of Happiness" listening, to David Gray -no freakin less-I had to laugh. Fuck, REALLY? Could I not have waited until at least February so this whole scenario wasn't so PAINFULLY Bridget Jones kinda cliche?! I used to hate girls (er women?) like me. I don't even really like cheesecake. (That's a lie) I just hate people who act like Tony Robbins on Speed just because it's a "New" Year. You are still the same "Old" you right?

Regardless, I AM crazeball giddy for 2011. I don't care who rolls their eyes. Last year fucking sucked. The year before was even worse. I mean, It COULD have been worse OF COURSE. I hate it when people say that right?! I could have been diagnosed with the AIDS, and my house could have burned down. "Well it could have been worse Haley, your Mother could have gone to jail and your best friend could have married your Ex too" Nothing makes me feel worse about my life when people "it could be worse" me. Jesus. I am a positive person. So much so, sometimes I think I might be high on euphoric hormones or something. I get the whole "create your own happiness" garbage. Last year still, um sucked.

This is turning out to be a bit angst-ier than I intended. Maybe it's the David Gray in combination with the Ray Lamontagne eh? Howevs, A wise friend of mine put it quite simply: You know all the "stuff" that you look back on and think what in the heck was I thinking? So for example: drunk texting exes (term used loosely), eating Dorito's with reckless abandon, not givin a WHAT about really important things just because you don't want to deal with them, allowing toxic friends/people to pollute your "bubble" Etc - THEY/IT DOESN'T BELONG HERE. You just say it. Maybe it has something to do with neural looping. Who knows. So here goes: "Emo Dorito's at 2am: YOU DON'T BELONG HERE" Try it. Swear to Cheesus, it sort of makes you believe you might be able to learn something and evolve. Imagine that.

You know what makes me 2 Legit (2 never quit) Happy though? PSYCH SPRING is just around the corner!! A bit over 30 days? If you haven't been enlightened on the BEST holiday on my mental calender then please drop me a text. It'll change your life. If it doesn't, then at least you have an excuse to dance in my kitchen, drink beer, and show off your sexy bods sans winter coats. Like you needed one anyway! and so I digress. See, I'm practicing the phrase...but I still don't get it.

I could ramble on about my lame Resolutions or how I'm so grateful for all the wonderful things in my life but maybe all I really want to say is: 2011, you will NOT suck balls like 2009 and 2010. Sucky balls just don't belong here.

No comments:

Post a Comment